29.7.08

Baby stuff. Duh.

I've been buying a few things (finally) to make things a little bit easier when the girlie gets here. and they have all been very inexpensive. A $3 Bouncer Chair, and a $1.50 Boppy Pillow are my two favorites. I'll be heading to a fabric store soon to get some awesome modern print (yeah right) to cover them both with. I'll post pictures when they are finished. If that happens. I was inspired by this post on OhDeDoh.com, to give credit where credit is due.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for birthing apparel. I hope asking that isn't a weird personal question. But everything 've found has been over 40 dollars and I just don't rock like that these days. Or any days really.

:)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I totally know what you mean about recovering the bouncy chair! We got one for free, but I really don't like "baby" motifs. So eventually I want to recover it. Whenever....

Abra Marie said...

Well, I had Ophelia at Gritman, and Mira will be born at John's Hopkins, so I won't have to provide my own birthing apparel. However, I would suggest checking out thrift stores for granny style sleep gowns (similar to a hospital gown). You'd want it to be loose and breatheable, so cotton is a good idea. Also, don't buy something you really like. Birthing is a rather messy business and chances are you'll want to throw it out afterwards. :-)

Grace said...

I went with a favorite target tank top. In navy. I changed out of it to nurse Phoebe because it was soaked from the tub. I thought it worked well.

Mavis said...

i always bring my favorite socks. actually, last go it was my pink, stripey, leg warmers. no matter what you have on, it seems to get bunched up under your arm pits anyways. then your legs make like abandoned tooth picks.

also, for all three births i was sure to get a pedicure first. then you can hang out and admire your toes. it's more fun. if any.