5.8.08

I can't believe myself sometimes...

So I love ebay. Yes. That being said. I couldn't find a dryer for the cloth diapers we are going to be using. I was nervous about the drying time in the winter, since if we use a clothes line, they would most likely freeze up before they actually dried. In comes ebay. This is what I found.



It plugs into a regular socket and you are (prayfully) ready to go. I'm sure it would blow up and set our house on fire, but who cares. Certainly not me...certainly not me.

Does any one think a hand crank 5 mintue washer would be worth it, or should I just suck it up and hand wash? Anyone venturing into Clothdiaperville without the proper home set up?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Handwashing cloth diapers. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Of course that advice is coming from the lady who throws away Eliot's poopy underwear because she can't stand rinsing poop out of cotton. Buy the hand crank girl! :)

Grace said...

Well, I am a fan of cloth diapers as you well know,... the washing machine broke wednesday. We can't get anyone to look at it until monday. I am hand washing. I;m not really worried about it. Not even about touching the poop. There must be something wrong with me.

Elizabeth said...

I would say, just from what I would do if I were doing cloth, would be to get the hand crank. Washing by hand might take a looong time and it just might be faster to do it that way. Or maybe find someone in town who will let you use their washer once in a while - I would - except we're half an hour away!

Anonymous said...

Alexis, I second Liz and Sarah. In fact, you're welcome to come over and use my washer (I'm serious!). It's not really the ick factor but more than I think you would have a hard time getting them clean enough to avoid rashes by only hand-washing. I'm sure it would be fine once in a while but you really need super hot water and a good wash and rinse for those puppies. As far as the dryer goes, I think it's super cute. And as long as you don't run it while you're sleeping or gone fire can't really be an issue. I try line-drying in my pantry during the winter and things get kind of frozen crunchy and take a couple days to dry.

Elizabeth said...

I just realized my comment doesn't make sense since I am doing cloth...but I haven't really started yet. Probably this week.

Grace said...

You shouldn't be nervous. You have no reason to be. This little girl of yours is going to be so cute its going to hurt.