7.1.08

Right...

So, first weekend on the Raw Thing. Didn't do all that awesome. Granted, it is harder to do this thing 100% on the weekends, when there are places to go, and people to see. I'm sure I will modify it a little so that I can eat more things. The recipes seemed really exciting when I was reading it but I think I'm going to have to go a little bit slower since I have never been a real big fan of vegetables to begin with. Actually, I am close to being a Veggie-hater... so that makes it somewhat difficult.

I'm finally going put the shopping bags on my Etsy sometime this week. I'm a little sad about that since I don't really like parting with things that I make myself. Especially when they take s long to sew. Note to all : Burlap FRAYS like there is no tomorrow, so unless you are ready to double hem and topstitch every single seam, I would suggest maybe using a different material. But I love these bags, and I wanted to keep them all. But If you like them I'd be happy to part with them.

Awesome.
:)

10 comments:

Denise Therese said...

I'm pretty much a "veggie-hater" too, and that makes it even more difficult for me.

Denise Therese said...

Oh, dear... the sound was the best part? Have you ever seen the old show "The Adams Family"? Well... :)

Grace said...

I had no idea you actually had bags in your shop. They are cutesy. I don't think I've ever seen burlap in those colors.

Unknown said...

RYC: Yes, my macbook is being a brat. Basically, my wireless reception isn't great in my room. When it cuts out, I should just be able to relocate myself to a better spot and reconnect. But no. Even when the reception comes back, Mr. Collins demands that I restart him completely before he'll open the web again.

It's a pain.

Nicole said...

so, isn't 'eating raw' more than just not eating processed food, but also eating uncooked food? how does that work out? If you haven't even been a vegetarian before, I bet this is a big challenge. from what I've heard, though, there are a few benefits to 'going raw'. not cooking out helpful enzymes is one. maybe a good variety of fruit, nuts, and dairy might help make it more tasteful. though, would you have to get milk straight from the cow, keeping it unprocessed? sorry to have so many questions, I've just never known of anyone to go on the 'raw food diet'. and ps: I'll bet you don't need to lose an ounce of weight.

Grace said...

You've got to pick a color!
I'm dying in scrabulous

Grace said...

Ok,....I'll see what I can find. Most of the colors were loud. Wait till you feel this wool.

Tiffany said...

Found you! I swear you didn't have a blogger account last time I checked...Well, I think your burlap bags are pretty darn cute. I'm sure they'll sell well... Good luck on the raw food thing. You are a brave, brave soul.

Joe and Mel said...

Yikes! I am a veggie-hater too and I give you credit for trying this. I would last for all of one meal. MIchelle Spano tried to make me do this and I revolted against it. This may be why my pants are tight...

Ali Tong said...

Lexis,
Your bags are for sure super cute. You're definitely inspiring to make some cute bags with little trees on them that I saw and needed to have, but decided to make instead. But maybe I might have to buy one of yours instead. They're real nice.