4.1.08

A good year...so far.



So today was (in theory) the first "official" day of going raw. Not so much not cooked food so much as not processed food. It's kind of a duh at this point to say that since so many other people are doing the same thing. But it's still good when you do things for yourself. I'm using this book by Natalia Rose as a sort of guide to the newish eat regime. I don't have a juicer yet so it is still not full force. I laughed at people who did what I am doing now, (you know who you are, please forgive.) So far I'm still way bigger than I was pre-thanksgiving, but that isn't (really) the point of eating well, just to lose weight. Am I right? I'll just keep wearing my formally baggy, but now snug jeans and see where this takes me.

8 comments:

Grace said...

Yes, I am way beyond glad to see this. I'm going to need a copy of this book,...Whenever I can collect the monies to make the purchase.
I say never get on a scale. Unless of course someone(like a doctor) says please.
I missed your call today.

Unknown said...

My friend did this and lost a lot of weight. I want my husband to do it, because of the amount of chemicals he works with in his day (which is so much and so bad for you) and I think an every so often detox would be good for him. Thanks for the good book suggestion and the sweet comment on my site. Moscow, ID huh? That's our dream place to live. We would love to be able to go to Doug Wilson's church and have our kids go to New Saint Andrews. Oh well, we'll just keep on dreaming!

Kate said...

heeey! you're alive (like, blog-alive)!
this sounds like a neat book. i can relate to the "duh" comment you mentioned. our family too has just gotten on this non-processed food path. we're trying at least.
hey i miss you guys. hope things are well all the way out there in mos-coo. :D

Unknown said...

Carrot juice. Yum. *cough* Sorry if I don't share your enthusiasm. :P

Nicole said...

carrot juice kicks butt!
found you.

Denise Therese said...

Hey!

I've got a blogger too. Nice to hear from you! How have you been?

MamaK said...

my sister in law has been eating raw for at least two years now. here's her myspace: http://www.myspace.com/dazduke you should check out her water fast blog ~ just be careful on this diet ~ i can see both sides :)

Jason said...

Did Nate go on the raw food plan with you? I can only imagine suggesting that to Jason...though I don't know if I could do it either. Maybe for breakfast and lunch, but I still need my meat.