13.5.08

May

I'm glad that May is here. But this weather is making me sort of sad. I'm sewing a maternity dress for an awesome friend for a wedding she is going to. I'm making the pattern as I go. Ilike doing projects for other people because thn I actually finish them. Actually I finished a teeny little red cub cap for the expected little girl. I hope I didn't underestimate the head size because I don't really want her head to be bigger than that wen she is born. For obvious reasons. We also painted out living room to brighten the amount of time we spend in there.

Fun times. Even if I am still wearing my ill fitting winter clothes everyday.



10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

About the hat - I had the same feeling when I finished my hats. I made two and when I showed them to my mom, she said that she hoped it would fit the baby. I said - it better because their head had better not be much bigger than this when they're born!

Unknown said...

love the hat. you are so crafty. i'm jealous. i am just good at buying stuff. :-(

Grace said...

The hat is still sickeningly cute. Who are you making the dress for?

Abby said...

Sweet projects. The hat is awesome. It's pretty bad that I had to view your fresh apt paint from the internet though.

CalebGraham said...

Thanks for the update Alexis! I can't wait to see you guys!

Grace said...

Funny you should bring up pro-fal pics. I've got a new one coming up.

Ali Tong said...

I lub dat hat.

Alexis said...

I like the hat. I'm pretty sure my wishful thinking tainted proper sizing on the hat though. The dress came out just the right size though.

Anonymous said...

homebirth, cool! we're excited, too. especially about the whole being-able-to-afford-it part.
i almost hate to say that i'm "measuring big" because it's not so much that as i'm measuring "weird". in fact, she (the midwife) didn't even measure my belly or anything. without getting TMI, she brought up a few things, one being that she was able to find the baby a lot higher than is normal. or something? i still haven't had an ultrasound done, but that'll happen soon. i keep thinking it's twins. probably because i'm half-obsessed with the idea.
little girl! so neat! and i also love the cute hat. if it doesn't fit her, she could always use it for her little baby dolls. aww!

Grace said...

Sometimes I have more fun posting everyday. Then my blog and I become better friends.