11.3.08

Maternity Maybe?

So I've been having a little bit of trouble finding maternity clothes. Most come in tent shapes and/or little teeny floral prints. So I searched and found a few things that I think would work for a while, until it was absolutely mandatory that I purchase a daisy tent to dwell in. For those of you who have tried this, please help! Am I heading the wrong way, trying to make maternity out of things that are not? Notice the lack of bottom-halves...I'm debating between mostly unflattering spandexy type things or bulky regular maternity pantaloons. I could use a bt of help with that too.
:)











5 comments:

Grace said...

You're on the right track my dear.
If it has stretch and a little bit of extra length you should be good to go. As far as bottom halves,.. you might just want to invest in a good piece or two. My baby girl looks like you.

Anonymous said...

wow! had no idea you were even pregnant. awesome, congratulations!
i like all of these maternity ideas. you're going to be one stylin' baby factory, my dear. ;)

Abby said...

oops, I didn't know that you were posting again. I especially like the mexican inspired tops and the orange booties.

Anonymous said...

hi! I found you through Grace. I'm brewing my 2nd offspring at present. You're right, good maternity clothes are hard to come by. With my first, I didn't wear official "Maternity" clothes until my 3rd trimester, when it was absolutely necessary. I stuck with cute long tops (or stretchy dresses, as so many in the jrs department are) and just jerryrigged the fly on regular jeans with a hair elastic. When you do get around to needing real maternity clothes, look on ebay for used high end pieces. They tend to be more shapely.

Anonymous said...

I would spend the money and invest in a few bottom pieces (jeans, black palazzos, skirt, etc.) that fit nicely. Tops are much easier to come by. I really like a lot of the choices you posted.